Hi, my name is Karen Galway and I was born in Leicester, before moving to beautiful Cornwall in 1982.
I have 3 gorgeous daughters, Kaye, Kerry and Katrina (we like the letter K), and I am blessed with 6 lively grandchildren; Kieran, Kaitlin, Jowan, Sam, Amelia and Leo.
Having active grandchildren keeps me on my toes and allows me to share my passion for the outdoors with them. We enjoy camping trips, kayaking, climbing, sailing, walking and horse riding together.
I first started work as a machinist, stitching and making clothes, textiles led me to art, another of my passions. I decided to take this further and I enrolled an access to art course. I wanted to share art with others and I began to support people on a youth and community scheme. I was lucky enough to support people on holidays within the scheme to Brittany, France and Italy.
I have gained other qualifications along my way including a BTEC in Social Care, RSA Counselling, Health and Social Care level 2 and 3, and I have also completed an outdoor education course.
All of this has been put in good use with what I currently do.
I am naturally a caring person, who enjoys helping others, enabling them to live their best lives. As well as working for Go Beyond Holidays, I work for the NHS in local hospitals and at the moment I am spending most of my time supporting people with learning disabilities in their own homes.
I have been working with Go Provence/Go Beyond since 2013, experiencing many different types of holidays.
A Few Questions to Karen Galway
What motivates and inspires you?
- My family, my three children and six grandchildren all inspire me;
- People that are positive and outgoing;
- Watching people’s dreams and goals come true;
- People I work with and support, seeing a smile on people’s face;
- Being outdoors. Doing something different every day, being out and about, blue skies and sunshine, I feel like life is an adventure, so live it!
- Travelling, seeing different places, meeting different people;